How do I change my Zoho Password
There are a number of reasons that you might want to change your Zoho password, but the two most common ones are:
- It is good practice and / or company policy to change your Zoho password (and other passwords) on a regular basis. The frequency of change depends on your company policy but it is typically between 30 days and 90 days.
- You are requesting 1 Cloud Consultants to make a change, or review your Zoho system. As a Zoho Partner we can't access your system unless you give us a login. With some customers they give us a separate Username and Password, sometimes they provide us with their login credentials to access their Zoho instance. Everybody has their password sequences (unless they use a password safe like Zoho Vault) - for example it might be Zoho18 this month, Zoho19 next month, etc. 1 Cloud Consultants don't want to know your password sequence so we suggest changing to a mutually known password.
Note one: Whilst multiple employees can use the same login credentials we don't recommend it for two reasons. Firstly, and most importantly it is auditing and accountability. If your CRM data is exported by shared login credentials and subsequently sold to a competitor with shared login credentials you cannot evidence who exported the data. Secondly it is a breach of Zoho's terms or service a single login should be for a single person.
Note two: 1 Cloud Consultants don't recommend sharing passwords by email as email is potentially insecure. Either call us and give the password verbally or if you know our mobile (cell) phone number text it to us.
The following instructions will change slightly if you are on .com as opposed to a .eu instance of Zoho (how to find out which version of Zoho you are using).
- Go to accounts.zoho.eu and sign in
- The top centre box is "Security" - click on it
- It will automatically bring you to Password Change, enter your current password (find out how to reset your Zoho Password) and then your new password (twice)
- It is good practice to tick the box "Terminate all active web browser sessions". If you tick the box, "Terminate mobile app sessions in your device (s) and remove active api 'authtokens'" then you will need to enter your new password on all Zoho Services. Also you will have to generate API authtokens for service data API access
- Once your password is changed, you will receive an email informing you that the password has changed